The best ways to store fresh herbs #Herbs
1. The Paper Towel Approach:
- Lay your fresh herbs out on a clean paper towel. Spread them out a little so they are not tightly bunched together.
- Then roll the fresh herbs into a little paper towel burrito. Place the rolled herbs in a large zip bag and squeeze out as much air as possible.
2. The “Bouquet” Approach:
- Think of your fresh herbs as a bouquet of fresh cut flowers. How do you keep them from wilting? You snip the ends to allow for proper water absorption and place them in a vase of clean water.
- You can treat your fresh herbs exactly the same way. The only problem is, most fresh herbs are slightly more delicate than flower stems. I only leave them sitting out on the counter in a jar or vase when I plan to use them up in a day or two.