Foods that cleanse your liver
This is the list :
- Grapefruits: High in both vitamin C and antioxidants, grapefruit increases the natural cleansing processes of the liver.
- Beets and Caroots: Extremely high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene; eating beets and carrots can help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
- Green Tea: This liver-loving beverage is full of plant antioxidants known as catechins, a compound known to assist liver function.
- Apples: High in pectin, apples hold the chemical constituents necessary for the body to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract. This, in turn, makes it easier for the liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.
- Broccoli: Have the ability to neutralize metals, chemicals and pesticides that may be in our foods, and act as a protective mechanism for the liver.
- Lemons and Limes: Contain a high amounts of vitamin C, which aids the body in synthesizing toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water. Drinking freshly-squeezed lemon or lime juice in the morning helps stimulate the liver.
- Wallnuts: Holding high amounts of the amino acid arginine, walnuts aid the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Walnuts are also high in glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which support normal liver cleansing actions.
- Cabbage: Eating cabbage helps stimulate the activation of two crucial liver detoxifying enzymes that help flush out toxins.
- Cauliflower: Increase the amount of glucosinolate in your system, adding to enzyme production in the liver. These natural enzymes help flush out carcinogens, and other toxins.
- Arugula: Have the ability to neutralize metals, chemicals and pesticides that may be in our foods, and act as a protective mechanism for the liver.
- Avocado: This nutrient-dense super-food helps the body produce glutathione, a compound that is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins.
- Spinach: Help increase the creation and flow of bile, the substance that removes waste from the organs and blood.
- Garlic: Holds high amounts of allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.