Growing bean plants in CD cases. for kids
- 1. The hinges of the CD case should be at the top. That way you can stand them up and dirt won’t fall out. Also this leaves a nice hole at the top for watering the plants with droppers.
- 2. Plant your bean high in the soil. If you plant it toward the bottom the roots will grow out the bottom!
- 3. Tape the bottom shut. This will keep roots from growing out the bottom, and curious fingers from opening the case.
- 4. Use masking tape and permanent markers to label whose plant is whose.
- 5. Plant your bean with the concave side down. It should resemble the letter “n,” not the letter “u.”