List of Leafy Green Vegetables
Here's our top 10 list of Leafy Green Vegetables from most nutritious to least:
- Kale : an excellent source of vitamins A C, and K, has a good amount of calcium for a vegetable, and also supplies folate and potassium.
- Collards : Hight in vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and manganese.
- Turnip Greens : This sharp-flavored leaf is low in calories yet loaded with vitamins A,C, and K as well as calcium.
- Swiss Chard : Both Swiss chard and spinach contain oxalates, which are slightly reduced by cooking and can bind to calcium, a concern for people prone to kidney stones. Chard contains 15 calories in one-half cup and is a good source of vitamins A and C.
- Spinach : Popeye's favorite vegetable has 20 calories per serving, plus it's packed with vitamins A and C, as well as folate.
- Mustard greens : The lovely top greens have actually more vitamin A, carotenes, vitamin K, and flavonoid anti-oxidants than some of commonly consumed fruits and vegetables.
- Broccoli : rich in vitamin C and is also a good source of vitamin A, potassium, and folate.
- Romaine Lettuce : Hight in Vitamin C and known to lower cholesterol.
- Cabbage : great source of cancer-fighting compounds and vitamin C. One-half cup cooked has 15 calories.
- Iceberg Lettuce : Hight in Protein, Calcium, Omega-3s, More Vitamin C Than An Orange and Iron.