#Gardening : How to Build a Hydroponic Garden
- Step 1 : Line Styrofoam ice chest with black liner bag. Fill with distilled water.
- Step 2 : Using the top of Styrofoam cups as a template, trace 6 evenly spaced circles on Styrofoam chest's deep lid cover. With a craft knife, cut out circles 1/4 inch smaller than Styrofoam cup lid circles.
- Step 3 : Using craft knife, cut small hole in the bottom of Styrofoam cups. Place Sphagnum moss in cups and top with perlite, filling to just under rim of cup.
- Step 4 : Insert lettuce seedling into perlite, and fill in perlite around seedling.
- Step 5 : Place lid upside-down on chest. Place cups in holes of lid.
- Step 6 : Water seedlings each day with nutrient mix, making sure that the water level in the container is not too high: There should be about an inch of room between the water line and the bottom of the Styrofoam cups. After a week to 10 days, roots from the seedlings should begin entering the container. As the plants grow, pick leaves as desired, always being careful not to overharvest.