The most popular dwarf citrus trees to grow in containers
Calamondin, Kaffir Lime, Meyer lemon, Minneola Tangelo, Dwarf Bearss Seedless Lime, Owari Satsuma Mandarin Orange.
How To Plant:
- Use any kind of container as long as it has drainage holes and is an adequate size for the tree - 10 to 16 inches in diameter.
- Fill the container with a light, well-drained potting mixture. Make a small mound in the center of pot and arrange the roots over the mound. Cover the roots with soil and tamp in lightly.
- Leave the stake in place to help the tree remain sturdy while the roots become established.
- Place in full sun, southern exposure.
- Water to keep the soil moist, but not soggy.
- Fertilize with a formula high in nitrogen with trace minerals.