Starting Seeds Indoors
How to :
- Step 1 : Fill 4-inch pots to just below the rim with a light, porous seed-starting or potting mix. Moisten the mix, and let it drain.
- Step 2 : Scatter seeds thinly over the surface. and cover the seeds with the proper amount of mix.
- Step 3 : When the seeds germinate, move the pots into an area with bright light and temperatures between 60°F/16°C and 75°F/24°C.
- Step 4 : When the seedlings develop their second set of true leaves, it’s time to transplant them to individual pots, such as 3- or 4-inch plastic pots. Fill the new containers with potting mix, moisten the mix, and let it drain
- Step 5 : Place the seedling in its new container, and firm the mix around it. Water immediately, and then set the pots in bright light.
- Step 6 : As soon as the seeds sprout, give them 12 to 14 hours of light each day, If you don’t have a suitable place for your seedlings, try growing them under fluorescent lights.
- Step 7 : Seeds of heat-loving summer crops need warm soil to germinate quickly and strongly. You can use Seedling Heat Mat under the containers to keep the soil 15 to 20°F/8 to 11°C above room temperature.