Saving tomato seeds to plant next year
- Step 1 : Cut soft tomato in half across the middle. This will reveal whole pockets of seeds making them easy to remove.
- Step 2 : Scoop seeds out into a bowl. then Cover with a few tablespoons of water.
- Step 3 : let it Sit on kitchen counter for 4 days or so until a thick mould forms.
- Step 4 : Rinse seeds clean in sieve.
- Step 5 : Dry on plate. Do not dry on paper towels because the seeds will stick to it and you’ll never get them off.
- Step 6 : Stir the seeds up every day or so to make sure they’re drying evenly.
- Step 7 : Once seeds are completely dry. place in envelope and then in freezer, or seal in airtight container like mason jar or Tupperware.