To make the bird feeder:
- Line up 12 popsicle sticks. Glue 2 sticks across them. Turn it over.
- Do a second row of popsicle sticks going in the opposite direction to strengthen the base (I actually did this at the end because it was a last minute decision, but doing it at the beginning will give it more support as you build).
- Alternate popsicle sticks around the frame once.
- Glue down to the tongue depresser.
- Continue alternating popsicle sticks around the outside until you have 6 rows, gluing each popsicle stick down as you go. Set aside to dry.
- Let the kids paint their bird feeder, and set aside to dry.
- Parents: using a hot glue gun, attach the hemp cord to the underside of the bird feeder.
- Thread the cord underneath the top round of popsicle sticks (as shown above) and again, glue using a hot glue gun.